A number of people I share internet bundles with ask this question “why are my bundles finishing so quickly?”
There is no specific answer to that question because people’s internet activities are not identical. A number of factors can lead to your internet data depleting sooner than you anticipated. It all depends on your usage. Here are a few common activities and how much data each approximately consumes when you are using your mobile phone. Please note that these are only approximate figures, actual figures will depend on your own usage.
- Browsing internet pages (no downloads): 2.5MB/hour
- Sending or receiving email (no attachments): 60KB per email
- Downloading your favourite song: 7MB per song
- Whatsapp, facebook messenger: 300KB/hour
- Video streaming on Youtube: 5MB/minute
- Medium-sized download such as Software update: 25MB per file
- Downloading a 20 to 30 minute video: 100MB to 150MB
- Full movie download: 800MB
Activities depleting your bundles are not limited to those mentioned above, but hopefully they provide a guide to help you plan your internet data better. It also helps to check your phone settings for automatic updates and programs running in the background. Turn off automatic updates and uninstall apps you do not use. Additionally, you can switch off your internet data when you are not using it.
Was this helpful? I would like to get your view in the comment box. Comment with your facebook account or with your email. Your email address will not be published.
Check out the data bundle calculator here.